1/3 Photos of Swiss Chard and Pasta Soup With Turkey Meatballs
A wonderful way to use swiss chard and ground turkey. I love to serve with hot crusty French bread. This recipe was copied from Yankee Magazine, April 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 1/4 cups plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finally chopped parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 quarts low sodium chicken broth
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 5 cups swiss chard, washed and coarsley chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk egg and water together until blended. Add turkey, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- 2Using moist hands, shape turkey mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls. Place on baking sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- 3In a large soup pot, bring chicken stock to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add carrots and meatballs. Simmer uncovered 8 minutes.
- 4Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 3 minutes.
- 5Stir in swiss chard and simmer until tender, about 3 to 5 minutes longer. Correct seasoning.
- 6Divide mozzarella into six serving bowls and ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard and Pasta Soup With Turkey Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.2
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.7 mg
- Sodium 985.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 33.7 g