Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great soup that is low on sodium and healthy for you. Source: www.heartandstroke.on.ca
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups canned navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 cups swiss chard
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the top off the head of garlic, place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Cook celery, carrots and onion for about 10 minutes.
- Add beans and chicken stock and water. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Squeeze the garlic pulp into the pot. Add the swiss chard, pepper and cheese.
- Puree with an immersion blender or in small batches in a regular blender.