Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a veganized version of #499421.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup lentils, I used green French lentils
- 2 cups water
- 1 bunch swiss chard
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a sauce pan, in 1 tablespoon of the oil, saute the onion and garlic until soft and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and water. Bring to a boil. Allow to boil about 30 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the lentils are barely tender. Set aside.
- While the lentils are boiling, cut the leaves off of the swiss chard. Cut the leaves into small pieces and set aside. Cut the stalks into bite sized pieces.
- In a large pan, in the other tablespoon of oil, saute the chard stalks until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the leaves to the stalks and cook until wilted - 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the vinegar and then stir in the cooked lentils. Mix to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then serve!