1 hr 15 mins
Gypsy Queen Cuisine's Note:
Vegan soup, can be served as hot or at room temp, It's nice and tart, low in fat high in protein.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the strips of Swiss Chard; drain.
- 2In a large saucepan put the lentils and about 9 cups of water, place on high heat. Bring
- 3to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and add the Swiss Chard. Cover and boil gently for 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile heat the olive oil in a skillet, add onions. Cook on medium heat until translucent; add the garlic paste and cilantro and cook gently for 3 minutes; transfer to the saucepan and mix well with the softened chard and the lentils.
- 5Continue cooking covered for another 45 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- 6Slowly incorporate the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- 7Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary, serve at room temperature.
- 8In the winter I tend to add potatoes to this soup, making it more hearty. This soup is nice and tart.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard and Lentil Soup With Lemon Juice
Serving Size: 1 (527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.3
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 227.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.0 g