Bon Appetite. May 2000. This can be served as an appetizer or a main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb swiss chard, stems and ribs removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed (2 sheets)
- 1Cook chard in large pot of boiling salted water until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Drain. Squeeze out liquid. Chop chard.
- 2Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; saute 1 minute.
- 3Add chard; sauté until excess liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Transfer chard mixture to large bowl.
- 4Cool slightly. Mix in ricotta and next 7 ingredients.
- 5Position rack in bottom third of oven; preheat to 375°F.
- 6Roll out 1 pastry sheet on lightly floured surface to 14-inch square.
- 7Transfer pastry to 9-inch-diameter tart pan with removable bottom. Trim edges, leaving 1-inch overhang. Fill pastry with chard mixture. Lightly brush pastry overhang with pastry brush dipped into water.
- 8Roll out second pastry sheet to 13-inch square. Using tart pan as guide, trim pastry square to 10-inch round. Drape over filling. Seal and fold in edges.
- 9Bake until pastry is golden brown, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
- 10Remove pan sides from tart. Transfer to platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top Chard Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard and Herb Tart
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1021.0
- Calories from Fat 648
- Total Fat 72.0 g
- Saturated Fat 24.3 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 1154.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.0 g