Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and flavorful side dish or a quick lunch. All measurements are approximate as with all of my recipes.
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme or 1 teaspoon lemon thyme, dried
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider or 1⁄4 cup hard apple cider
- 3 cups swiss chard, cut in 1/2 strips
- 2⁄3 of 17 . 6 oz potato gnocchi, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Separate chard leaves from stems, slice stems and leaves to about a half inch width. Saute bacon in large pan until almost done. Add chard stems, onion, garlic and thyme. Saute until onion is clear.
- Deglaze pan with apple cider and stir to release those yummy brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Mix vinegar and sugar to dissolve sugar.
- Add chard leaves and cooked gnocchi to pan and stir. Saute maybe 2 minutes, just until chard wilts and all ingredients are well combined. I like the chard to retain some texture, so I don't cook it very long. Cook according to your preference.
- Stir in vinegar sugar mixture and saute about a minute, maybe 2.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!