365 Easy Italian Recipes Serves 4-6
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Separate stems from leaves of chard. Slice stems into 2 inch pieces; set leaves aside.
- 2In a large saucepan, cook chard stems in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Add chard leaves and cook 3 minutes longer. Drain.
- 3In a large frying pan, heat oil. Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes, or until softened. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
- 4Add chard, chickpeas, tomatoes and 1 cup water. Partially cover and simmer 12 minutes or until excess liquid begins to evaporate. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard and Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.3
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1146.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 10.0 g