- 6 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 lb swiss chard, stems and leaves, chopped
- 2 cups colby cheese, grated (about 8 oz.)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crusts from bread and fit slices into a greased rectangular baking pan.
- Cover with Swiss chard and press grated cheese firmly down on top.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, milk, and mustard and pour over casserole. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes or until firm and puffy. Let stand 10 minute before serving.