Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious soup for a cold Winter night. Enjoy with some crusty bread or rolls. Throw it all in the crock pot and dinner is ready after a long day of shoveling in the cold :D
- 4 -5 cups swiss chard
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small squash, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, campbells
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (with liquid)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- in a large pot, heat olive oil.
- add onion and garlic, saute until onions are tender.
- add all other ingredients, stir.
- bring to a boil.
- reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chard is tender.
Just reading the ingredients in this recipe made me try it. It was very good.