Swiss Chard a la Frommage
- Use 13 x 9 x 2-inch casserole. Wash chard well and trim stalks from leaves.
- Chop separately.
- Steam stalks until al dente, then add leaves.
- Cook until limp, about 5 minutes, don't overcook.
- Drain well; put in bowl; add onion soup mix and water chestnuts.
- Into casserole, place half of mixture and layer on half of shredded cheese, then chard, sour cream and cheese, ending with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add croutons.
- Great for potluck, just reheat. Freezes well; cover with foil and/or use disposable container.