Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is always a huge hit at potluck meals.
Make and share this Swiss Cashew Tossed Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1 bunch romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup salted cashew halves
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, diced (or julienned)
- In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, mustard, onion, and salt; cover and process until well blended.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- In a salad bowl, combine the romaine, cashews, and Swiss cheese; serve with dressing.
This is a little different. I cubed the swiss, but next time I'll shred it.
This was great! I needed something quick. So simple and so yummy. I got lots of requests for the dressing recipe. The only change I made was using Balsamic Vinegar. Thanks Windchime!
I've made this several times and always enjoy it. We love the combination of swiss cheese and cashews and the dressing is sweet and tangy. I'd suggest making half the dressing unless you want leftovers for tomorrow's dinner which I always do. Thanks, Windchime, for posting!