Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
something different to try for breakfast!
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cut in half
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together in a medium bowl until well blended. Reserve 2 tablespoons of green onions and stir the rest into egg mixture.
- Spray a 12 inch ovenproof skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Add egg mixture. Cover and cook for 14 minutes or until almost set.
- Arrange Canadian bacon in pinwheel on top of egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Top off with 2 tablespoons of green onions. Cut and serve!
Makes a great breakfast-for-dinner recipe; / served with a simply fruit salad. We all really enjoyed the Canadian bacon and swiss combo! I used some egg beaters since it was just the three of us eating. I reduced the green onions to 1/4 cup and thought that was just barely enough, would probably include the entire 1/2 cup next time. My eggs were done cooking on the stove in 11 minutes. I turned my broiler on high and the cheese was crispy after about 1 min 15 seconds... This was very easy to put together. Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Spring 2008.
mmm this was a great breakfast! thanks melibug
Very good. I am always looking for different egg recipes for our "special" Saturday morning breakfasts. I probably won't put quite as much onion in next time.