1/2 Photos of Swiss Broccoli Soup
Great way to eat your broccoli...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut enough 1-inch florets from broccoli to measure 2 cups. Cut rest of broccoli into 1-inch pieces. Cook florets and broccoli separately, in lightly salted water; until just tender. (Florets will be done first.) Immediately rinse in cold water to chill completely. Drain. Set florets aside until serving time.
- 2In a large saucepan, saute leeks in butter until tender; about 3 - 4 minutes. Sprinkle in flour and cook for a minute or so, stirring with a whisk. Remove from heat and stir in chicken stock. Return to heat and simmer 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Add broccoli pieces (not florets) to chicken stock and puree in an electric blender, in batches, until smooth.
- 4Shortly before serving, blend in cream and cheese. Simmer gently until cheese melts. Add nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste. Add reserved broccoli florets to heat through. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.4
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 412.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 16.1 g