- 8 -9 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream (or light cream)
- 4 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, cook/steam broccoli until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in onion. Gradually add cream; bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat; stir in cheese, eggs, pepper and the cooked broccoli. Stir to combine.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325 for 30 minutes.