Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really, really excellent, but like everything that is excellent it is extremely bad for you. I think you can actually hear your arteries clogging, but it is soooo worth it!!!! I save this for once, maybe twice a year. Please note that I am saying 12 slices of cheese, but the more cuts you make, the more cheese you can use. This stuff is heavenly--I hope you enjoy!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 12 slices swiss cheese
- 1 lb butter, softened (yes, 1 pound, not a typo!)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon beau monde seasoning
- Slice french bread on the diagonal, 3/4 of the way through the bread. Make sure that you do not cut all the way through the bottom of the bread.
- Place one slice of cheese in each slice of bread.
- Mix remaining ingredients together and spread evenly over top of bread.
- Wrap loaf in foil and bake at 325 for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!