Recipe by PanNan
An old favorite from my mother. It's very tasty.
Top Review by jckamen
Yummy! I've made this twice, both times in the pressure cooker. I didn't have time to do the foil packets & the pressure cooker worked out perfectly. I followed the recipie exactly the first time (except I omitted the cornstarch and added 1C of water needed to cook in the pressure cooker). The second time I added more bell pepper and it was just as fantastic. My husband & I loved it so much that I'll be making it often! It only takes about 40 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs chuck steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, juice drained and reserved
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- aluminum foil, 20 inch sheet
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread center of aluminum foil with butter.
- Cut steak into serving portions.
- Arrange on foil, slightly overlapping.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix reserved juice from the tomatoes, A-1 sauce and cornstarch.
- Pour over meat and vegetables.
- Bring foil up over and double-fold edges to seal tightly.
- Bake 2 hours in 350 oven.
- Carefully roll back foil and garnish with parsley.
- Note- During the last 1 1/2 hours, bake potatoes along side the meat packet and serve with this dish.