- 473.18 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove
- 177.44 ml beer
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheeses and cornstarch in a bag. Shake to make sure cheese is coated with cornstarch.
- Rub inside of pot with garlic clove cut in half. Discard garlic.
- Pour in beer. Warm until bubbles rise to the surface. Do not cover or boil.
- Remember to stir constantly from now one. Add a handful of cheeses, keeping the heat medium (do not boil), when melted add another handful. After all the cheese is melted and bubbling add a dash of pepper sauce. Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over fondue burner.
- Note: If fondue becomes too thick add a bit of warmed beer. If it separates combine 1 T cornstarch and 2 T wine and stir into fondue.