Recipe by Nana Lee
Makes 1 cookie sheet of cookies. For ZWT II('06). Times don't include overnight(or 5-6 hours)of drying before naking.
- 225 g honey (16 ounces)
- 150 g sugar (10.5 ounces)
- 3⁄4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 50 g ground candied orange peel
- 50 g ground candied lemon peel
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 lemon, zest of, grind
- 50 ml kirsch (0.2 cup)
- 300 g flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 tablespoons kirsch or 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Put honey, sugar, cinnamon, clove powder and nut meg in a pan, heat up slowly, then remove from stove.
- Add candied orange peel, candied lemon peel, almonds and grind skin of lemon, stir until mixed evenly.
- Add kirsch, flour and baking powder, knead on a table to form a soft dough.
- While the dough is still warm, roll it out on the back of a greased baking sheet approximately 5 mm (0.2 inches) thick.
- Let it rest for about 5 to 6 hours or over night in a dry place.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes in the center of the pre-heated oven at 430°F(220°C).
- Mix confectioner's sugar and kirsch or water, frost dough immediately.
- Cut off stale edges.
- Cut dough in small pieces (5 x 3 cm, 2 x 1.5 inches), take them off the baking sheets and let them cool.