Nana Lee's Note:
Makes 1 cookie sheet of cookies. For ZWT II('06). Times don't include overnight(or 5-6 hours)of drying before naking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 225 g honey (16 ounces)
- 150 g sugar (10.5 ounces)
- 3/4 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 50 g ground candied orange peel
- 50 g ground candied lemon peel
- 100 g ground almonds
- 1 lemon, zest of, grind
- 50 ml kirsch (0.2 cup)
- 300 g flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 g confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2-2 1/2 tablespoons kirsch or 1 1/2-2 1/2 tablespoons water
- 1Put honey, sugar, cinnamon, clove powder and nut meg in a pan, heat up slowly, then remove from stove.
- 2Add candied orange peel, candied lemon peel, almonds and grind skin of lemon, stir until mixed evenly.
- 3Add kirsch, flour and baking powder, knead on a table to form a soft dough.
- 4While the dough is still warm, roll it out on the back of a greased baking sheet approximately 5 mm (0.2 inches) thick.
- 5Let it rest for about 5 to 6 hours or over night in a dry place.
- 6Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes in the center of the pre-heated oven at 430°F(220°C).
- 7Mix confectioner's sugar and kirsch or water, frost dough immediately.
- 8Cut off stale edges.
- 9Cut dough in small pieces (5 x 3 cm, 2 x 1.5 inches), take them off the baking sheets and let them cool.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Basler Leckerli (Basel Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 54.6 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of