Recipe by Zurie
A simple side dish, which can also be eaten for lunch on a cold day. Don't be put off by the cream -- do use it -- the Swiss do! Otherwise, serve this as a side with simple pan-fried fish fillets and a green salad.
- 8 tomatoes, ripe and red
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves (this is approximate, use a handful)
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- flaky sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 cup cream (use generously)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F/180 deg C (use lower heat for convection ovens).
- Halve the tomatoes and pack snugly into an oven dish. Put the basil leaves among the tomato halves.
- Scatter over the garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the cream.
- Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
- Serve with lots of toasted bread for dunking.