Recipe by Chef PotPie
Mmmm, simple and tasty without an excess of fatty cheese and meat. Very nice with grilled chicken. The butter adds some fat, but some richness, also. From Cooking Light.
- 6 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups thinly sliced onions (about 1 medium)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange one-third of potato slices in the bottom of a shallow 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with one-third of onion slices. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Sprinkle with one-third of cheese. Repeat layers twice, ending with cheese. Dot with butter. Pour broth over potato mixture.
- Coat top layer with cooking spray. Cover with foil, and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes or until tender.