Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A rich and decadent side dish! I serve this on special occasions or holidays as a treat.
Make and share this Swiss Baked Mushrooms recipe from Food.com.
- In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in sherry, nutmeg and pepper.
- Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute.
- Turn mixture into a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole or baking dish and let cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with cheese, then with paprika.
- At this point, you can cover the dish and refrigerate it until the next day.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 425° oven for 8-10 minutes (15-20 minutes if it's been refrigerated) or until bubbly and heated through.