Hey Jude's Note:
A rich and decadent side dish! I serve this on special occasions or holidays as a treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a wide frying pan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 2Add onions and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until vegetables are soft and liquid has evaporated.
- 3Stir in sherry, nutmeg and pepper.
- 4Continue cooking and stirring for 1 minute.
- 5Turn mixture into a shallow 1 1/2-quart casserole or baking dish and let cool slightly.
- 6Sprinkle with cheese, then with paprika.
- 7At this point, you can cover the dish and refrigerate it until the next day.
- 8Bake, uncovered, in a 425° oven for 8-10 minutes (15-20 minutes if it's been refrigerated) or until bubbly and heated through.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Baked Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.2
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 63.6 mg
- Sodium 160.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g