Recipe by lazyme
From the Michigan Asparagus Advisory Board, this sounds like a fun and interesting appy.
- 1 lb loaf French bread, unsliced
- 1 (11 ounce) can cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 (15 ounce) can asparagus spears, drained
- 4 ounces swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice approximately 1 inch off the top of the French bread.
- Make a 1-inch slit in the bread lengthwise.
- Combine cheese soup and milk.
- Press liquid out of crab meat.
- Add crab meat and dill to cheese soup.
- Place bread on a piece of foil.
- Spoon cheese mixture on top of bread.
- Place asparagus spears diagonally across cheese mixture.
- Top with slices of Swiss cheese.
- Pull foil up on slices of bread, forming a basket. Do not cover top of bread.
- Bake at 320 degrees F 8-10 minutes or until Swiss cheese melts.
- Remove from oven.
- Slice using a serrated knife.