Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Home Cooking magazine, 2005.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces swiss cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring water to boil; add asparagus.
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes and drain. (Asparagus will still be crisp.)
- Toss in Dijon mustard.
- Place in 10 x 6-inch baking dish.
- Mix together cheese, bread crumbs, margarine, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Reserve 1/4 cup mixture for topping.
- Toss with asparagus.
- Top with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumb mixture.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese mixture is lightly browned.