Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A tasty appetizer I found on greatlakeskraut.com website when I was looking to use up leftover sauerkraut from my reuben sandwich dinner night. I hope it sounds interesting enough to try!
- 12 slices pumpernickel rounds (mini size bread) or 12 slices rye cocktail bread (mini size bread)
- 3⁄4 cup drained sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded swiss cheese
- Toast bread under broiler 1 minute to toast.
- Top each piece of toast with 1 tablespoons sauerkraut and 2 tsp cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melted.