Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is so yummy - I have also subbed in gouda, emmental, edam, and monterey jack cheeses for the swiss. From "Breasts of Friends" cookbook!
- 1 large head of lettuce
- 1⁄3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Set salad plates in freezer for at least an hour.
- Blend vinegar, mustard, garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
- Tear lettuce and toss with dressing. Put on cold plates and put cheese on top.
- Saute mushrooms in butter and while hot, spoon over the salad and serve immediately!
We just adore salads and found this one to be quite tasty. The cold plates of salad topped off by hot mushrooms makes for a delightful contrast. Made as written using Gouda option as mentioned in the description, the only thing we would do is cut back the dressing just a little and that is just a matter of personal tasty. Thanks so much for the post.