Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can make this casserole potluck dish for gatherings.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup sour cream (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine soup, sour cream, green pepper and onion.
- And mix well.
- Grease a 13-inch x 9inch x 2 inch baking dish.
- Put a third layer of noodles in dish.
- Cover with spread over the top and repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
I did not like the cream of celery in this at all. I'm wondering if cream of mushroom would have been better? The directions are also written very poorly. I know it says to layer but I mixed everything together, since I didn't know what the layers were supposed to be. All in all, I think I'm going to keep looking for a good swiss and ham casserole.
Great flavor and very easy to make. The ham permeated the dish nicely and gave it an excellent flavor. I would give this a kid-friendly rating, too, since my 2 year old ate two helpings! My only negative comment is with the instructions. I think some key steps are missing. I guessed at it and made layers of noodles, sauce, ham, then cheese. I spread just the sauce and cheese (not the ham) on the very top). Delicious!