Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy salad for dinner when you want to eat light. Cooking time is for the bacon.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup low-fat swiss cheese, cut unto 2 X1/4-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing; blend well.
- Dressing will be thick.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Just before serving add dressing; toss until well coated.
What a nice salad. I really enjoyed the bacon and swiss together with the light dressing. I cut this down for just me and had a lovely lunch. I added some sliced mushrooms and red peppers and subbed a packet of splenda for the sugar. I added a little bit of milk to the dressing to thin it down a little. Thanks, Barb! Made for PAC fall 2009.