Recipe by Barb in WNY
An easy salad for dinner when you want to eat light. Cooking time is for the bacon.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
What a nice salad. I really enjoyed the bacon and swiss together with the light dressing. I cut this down for just me and had a lovely lunch. I added some sliced mushrooms and red peppers and subbed a packet of splenda for the sugar. I added a little bit of milk to the dressing to thin it down a little. Thanks, Barb! Made for PAC fall 2009.
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 cup low-fat swiss cheese, cut unto 2 X1/4-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced