Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Pillsbury Bake-Off 1988. Yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves
- 4 apples, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour 9 or 10 inch springform pan.
- In large bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons lemon juice; beat until well blended.
- In small bowl, combine 2 cups flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- Add to egg mixture; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Spread in greased and floured pan.
- Spoon preserves over batter; carefully spread to cover.
- Top with apple slices; slightly press into batter.
- In medium bowl, combine all topping ingredients; blend well.
- Pour over apples.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until apples are tender, edges are light golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove sides of pan.
- In small bowl, blend all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake.
- Serve warm or cool.