Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one comes from Nestle Tollhouse. Cooking time includes refrigeration time.
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels, divided
- 1⁄2 cup nestle toll house milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla in a large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 3/4 cup swirled morsels.
- Cover; refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. If dough becomes warm, refrigerate until until firm again.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until sides are set. Press 1/2-inch deep and quarter-size wide pockets into centers of cookies with back of a small spoon. Fill pockets with remaining swirled morsels while cookies are still warm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Place milk chocolate morsels in a small, microwave-safe, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on medium-high (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead to mix. Microwave at additional 10 second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookies.