Recipe by Theresa/ Thunderbird
Fresh strawberries make this so good.
Top Review by TGirl,RN
This is SPECTACULAR !!!!!!!! I measured out 1 Cup of whole strawberries and then mashed them--the bread doesn't really taste of strawberries, so maybe next time, I'll mash the strawberries and then measure out a cup..no matter what, this is delicious..moist and packed full of flavor...I can't wait to make it again--Chris took one bite and had an ear to ear grin--he said "Oh, MAN !!"..which translates to a gazillion stars--I wish I could give more than five!! Thank you for this unbelievably delicious recipe!!!~~TERESA
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or 1 cup frozen strawberries, mashed (not in syrup)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Make swirl first.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Set aside.
- Grease and flour one 9x5 loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make bread.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Combine strawberries, margarine, egg, and water.
- Mix strawberry mixture into dry ingredients just till moistened.
- Pour all but 2 cups into prepared loaf pan.
- Pour cream cheese swirl mixture over strawberry batter,
- top with reserved strawberry batter.
- Cut through batter with a knife to create swirl.
- Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool completely befor cutting.
- Store tightly wrapped in plastic in refrigerator.
- Keeps several months if wrapped well and frozen.