Recipe by greyghost
I got this recipe from my email "new daily recipes from gophercentral - A HUGE hit - everyone loved it!
Top Review by Jesstra
Absolutely wonderful!! To lower the calories, I wanted to try lowfat cream cheese, but nervous the consistency wouldn't be quite right... so I tried 3 regular and 1 lowfat. (I'm sure that'll knock a few calories off each serving...lol). I also used a graham cracker crust recipe instead the gingersnaps...not a fan. My new cheesecake trick is to monitor the internal temperature...once it reaches 150 degrees, it's done. No more overcooked cheesecakes for me.
- 1 1⁄2 cups ground gingersnap cookies
- 1 1⁄2 cups toasted pecans (about 6 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 9 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons purchased caramel sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely grind crushed cookies, pecans, and sugar in food processor.
- Add melted butter and blend until combined.
- Press crust mixture onto bottom and up sides of 9 inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides.
- Use electric mixer to beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl until light.
- Transfer 3/4 cup of mixture to small bowl, cover tightly and refrigerate to use for topping.
- Add pumpkin, 4 TBS of the whipping cream, ground cinnamon, and ground allspice to mixture in large bowl and beat until well combined.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until just combined.
- Pour filling into crust (will almost fill entire pan).
- Bake until cheesecake puffs, top browns, and center moves only slightly when pan is shaken, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Transfer cheesecake to rack to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Run knife around cake pan sides to loosen cheesecake.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.
- Bring remaining 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture to room temperature.
- Add remaining 5 TBS of whipping cream to cream cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Press down firmly on edges of cheesecake to even thickness.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over cheesecake, spread evenly.
- Spoon caramel sauce in lines over cream cheese mixture.
- Using tip of knife, swirl caramel sauce into cream cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Release pan sides from cheesecake.
- Spoon sour cream into pastry bag fitted with small star tip (do not stir before using).
- Pipe decorative border around cheesecake and serve.