Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe several years ago from an ad for peanut butter. The brownies are moist and chewy with lots of peanut butter and chocolate flavor. This makes a lot. You could do half in a 9x13 pan.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 11 x 17 inch sheet cake pan.
- In large sauce pan, melt butter; add peanut butter, stir until peanut butter is melted.
- Stir in sugar and vanilla, remove from heat.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl and add to mixture in pan, if it is cool enough.
- In seperate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add flour to batter in pan and beat well with spoon.
- Remove 3 1/2 cups of batter to another bowl and stir into it the 1/2 cup cocoa.
- Spread chocolate batter into cake pan.
- Spread the peanut butter batter over top and swirl with the back of a small spoon.
- Bake 30 minutes or until just done.
- Cool in pan then cut into small squares as they are rich.
My family loves these brownies. It makes a huge batch, but I always give them away to friends.