Recipe by MsBeginner
The title may be a little misleading...it's your traditional Tollhouse cookie with a different kind of chip, but it's not a peanut butter cookie at all. I found the recipe on the back of the chip package and made a few changes. You can add a cup of chopped nuts if you wish, but the cookie is great without it. Also calls for more vanilla extract than the regular recipe, but the extra flavor is great!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) packageswirled peanut butter and milk chocolate chips (I use Nestle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until blended.
- Pour butter mixture into flour mixture and mix together until well blended, adding milk halfway through mixing.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or freeze for 20-30 minutes, until dough is firm. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets covered with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until edges are brown and center of cookie is still soft.
- Let sit on cookie sheet for 2 minutes them move to wire rack to finish cooling.