Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
These are not just your ordinary chocolate chip cookies!
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in 1 cup morsels (THE MORSELS ARE THE NEW TOLL HOUSE SWIRLED MILK CHOCOLATE & CARAMEL MORSELS) (set aside remaining morsels) and nuts. Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. Top dollops with remaining morsels.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 4 1/2 dozen cookies.
- PAN COOKIE VARIATION:.
- Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above, stirring in 1 cup morsels. Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
- * NOTE: If omitting nuts, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour.
I just made these from the recipe on the package and I'm so glad to find the recipe here. I made as posted except I did not add the pecans. The dough is the same as regulare chocolate chip cookies but the morsels give it an entirely different taste. We like ours underbaked just a little so I went with 10 mintues and they were perfect. Thanks for posting!
i wanted to make this recipe ever since i saw it in the cookie jar bake-off.it was so worth the wait!!! i loved the sweetness of the caramel blended with richness of the chocolate,also the cookie part was very moist.this is going to be added to my christmas cookie trays.thank you so much for posting.
Very good!! I made them in the pan version and they came out very moist with a great caramel flavor!! Great with a hot cup of coffee!!