1/6 Photos of Swirled Cherry Cake
This is a sweet and delicious cake. The recipe was on the side of a cake mix box several years ago. I can't remember what it was called back then. Edited on July 6, 2004: From my own recent and personal experience, try to avoid using store/off brand canned pie filling. They tend to have more of the glaze rather than cherries. The cake won't have as many cherries in it as it would with Comstock or other name brand Pie Filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9x13x2" cake pan.
- 3In a large bowl, mix cake mix, eggs, water and oil with a mixer until well blended.
- 4Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- 5Smooth evenly in pan.
- 6Drop spoonfuls of the pie filling on top of the cake batter.
- 7With a knife, swirl the cherry pie filling into the cake batter.
- 8Be careful not to touch the bottom of the cake pan with the knife.
- 9This might remove some of flour/shortening coating, causing the cake to stick.
- 10Bake for 40-45 minutes or until cake is golden brown on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 11Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- 12May be served warm or cooled.
- 13May be served with ice cream or whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swirled Cherry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g