Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Nestle newsletter.
- 7 cups French bread cubes, divided (1/2 inch)
- 2 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels, divided
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- FOR BREAD PUDDING: PREHEAT oven to 325º F. Grease 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Place half of bread in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of morsels. Repeat with remaining bread and morsels.
- BEAT 2 1/3 cups evaporated milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla extract in medium bowl with a wire whisk. Pour over bread, pressing bread into custard mixture to saturate completely.
- BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve warm with Caramel Sauce.
- FOR CARAMEL SAUCE: COMBINE brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Slowly stir in 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.