Recipe by spatchcock
This is a family heirloom recipe. I most recently used this with Mirjam's "Ultimate Chocolate Cake"---with the filling she has in her recipe. This is just so good..........
Top Review by MizzNezz
This is a very easy frosting that has a super good, fluffy sweet taste. Make sure you add the syrup very slowly in a thin stream to the egg whites! I used this to frost a chocolate sheet cake that dissapeared very quickly! Thanks melismak!
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine corn syrup and sugar in saucepan.
- Place over moderate heat and cook.
- Heat till sugar dissolves and bubbles appear at edge.
- Whip whites, salt and tartar till nearly stiff.
- Pour hot syrup into whites, whipping constantly.
- Add vanilla and whip until frosting stays in soft peaks.