Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I invented this based on what the jailor serves the "Spook" in prison, in the comic strip "Wizard of Id." Add more ingredients if you like. It's flexible.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can corn or 1 can hominy
- 1 can sliced potato
- 4 tablespoons curry
- red chili powder
- 2 cups wine
- salt and pepper
- In a large Dutch oven brown the meat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Recklessly toss in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Add any others that appeal to you.
- This recipe is subject to interpretation.
- Simmer at least three hours, the longer the better.
- It's even better reheated the next day or two.
This is a truly unique recipe. It has intrigued me for ages and I have finally got it made. Let me start by saying 4 Tablespoons of curry is far too much for this recipe in my opinion. I used 1 Tablespoon and my house smelled like an Indian take away. I used Chardonnay for the wine. It has a very unique flavor that I felt was better once left to sit a day. I served this over rice and it was a nice hearty meal.
I thought swill was the last drink in your can or bottle. LOL