Recipe by Clifford Boren
I invented this based on what the jailor serves the "Spook" in prison, in the comic strip "Wizard of Id." Add more ingredients if you like. It's flexible.
Top Review by Michelle S.
This is a truly unique recipe. It has intrigued me for ages and I have finally got it made. Let me start by saying 4 Tablespoons of curry is far too much for this recipe in my opinion. I used 1 Tablespoon and my house smelled like an Indian take away. I used Chardonnay for the wine. It has a very unique flavor that I felt was better once left to sit a day. I served this over rice and it was a nice hearty meal.
- 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb beef
- 1 can Campbell's Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 can corn or 1 can hominy
- 1 can sliced potato
- 4 tablespoons curry
- red chili powder
- 2 cups wine
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven brown the meat.
- Add onions and saute until translucent.
- Recklessly toss in all the rest of the ingredients.
- Add any others that appeal to you.
- This recipe is subject to interpretation.
- Simmer at least three hours, the longer the better.
- It's even better reheated the next day or two.