Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great, savory meal found in 'The Working Stiff Cookbook'.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces swordfish steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (save the rest for dinner!)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parsley, fresh minced, for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the oil until it starts to smoke.
- Place the swordfish into pan and cook until light brown on the bottom- about two minutes.
- Turn and sear the other side of the fish- about another two minutes.
- Add the wine, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and olives. Stir gently to coat the veggies with the sauce. Cover and cook for five minutes.
- Uncover and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or just until the fish is opaque throughout.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
Easily put together and tastes very good. Watch your cooking time because swordfish can get overcooked quickly that would ruin your steak.