A great, savory meal found in 'The Working Stiff Cookbook'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 ounces swordfish steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup white wine (save the rest for dinner!)
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parsley, fresh minced, for garnish
- 1Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the oil until it starts to smoke.
- 2Place the swordfish into pan and cook until light brown on the bottom- about two minutes.
- 3Turn and sear the other side of the fish- about another two minutes.
- 4Add the wine, mushrooms, tomatoes, basil and olives. Stir gently to coat the veggies with the sauce. Cover and cook for five minutes.
- 5Uncover and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or just until the fish is opaque throughout.
- 6Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- 7Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swift Swordfish
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.1
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 1835.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: