One of my favorites for a mild white fish.
Make and share this Swenson's Pan Fried Fillets recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cod fish fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets or 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, grated (juice too)
- 1⁄8 cup parmesan cheese
- Wash and dry fillets.
- Mix together egg, mayonnaise, and cream.
- Dip fillets in this mixture, and then coat them with a mixture of flour, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat. Add butter and melt. Saute onion and juice for a minute. Add fillets and cook until lightly brown, 2-3 minutes a side.
- Sprinkle w/ grated parmesan cheese.
- You may want to adjust salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese to your taste.
All I can say is YUUUUUUMMMM!!! I put the fish right on top of the onions and when I flipped it they were all golden and crispy on the fish. It was also very moist and flavorful. The egg, mayo and cream mix is what really does it. I forgot to put the grated cheese on top but didn't miss it at all. Thanks Susan!