Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
delicious. - November 2006
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- ice cube, to serve
- 1 cup vanilla vodka, chilled
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rose water
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
- 750 ml dry sparkling wine, chilled
- 6 fresh unsprayed sweetpea fresh edible flowers
- Place 6 serving glasses in the fridge or freezer to chill.
- Place sugar and 1 cup (250ml) water in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Increase the heat to high and boil, without stirring, for 2 minutes or until syrupy. Cool slightly, then chill.
- Place ice, vodka, rosewater and 90ml of the sugar syrup in a large jug and stir until well combined and chilled. Add grenadine and sparkling wine, top with sweetpeas and serve immediately.
- Notes & tips.
- Sugar syrup will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- * Rosewater is from Middle Eastern shops and selected supermarkets. Grenadine is a pomegranate-flavoured syrup from bottle shops.