Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From http://www.sweetnlow.com/ I have not made this recipe.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Sweet 'n Low
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Turn temperature control of refrigerator to coldest setting.
- Soften gelatin in 2 tablespoons of milk.
- Scald rest of milk in double boiler, then stir in Sweet'N Low and salt.
- Cook 2 minutes, stirring often, then slowly stir into beaten egg yolk.
- Return to double boiler; cook over hot, (not boiling) water 2 minutes or until mixture coats spoon.
- Add gelatin, then vanilla; stir until dissolved.
- Pour into freezing tray.
- Refrigerate 5 minutes or until partially firm.
- Turn into chilled bowl; with electric mixer or egg beater, beat until creamy and free from lumps.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg white.
- Return to tray and freeze until just firm.
- Then reset temperature control.