Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
its a variation of what my mom makes with mung and jaggery i tried it out and it was just as delicious as its original...lol
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 cups dried mung beans
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 10 -12 cherries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 cup water
- oil, to deep fry
- Take the flour in a bowl add salt and mix well.
- Pour in water a little at a time to make a thick batter.
- Keep aside.
- Pressure cook the mungs for 15 minutes or until 5 whistles.
- Drain excess water if any and let it cool.
- In a plate take the sweet potatoes and add to it the mung and honey mix to make a soft dough.
- Add in the cherries.
- Make, medium sized 10 to 12 balls and put them into the flour batter.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- When the oil is real hot drop in carefully the balls which should be well coated with batter.
- Deep fry them until slight change of colour.
- Do not brown or golden them.
- Serve hot with tea.