Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a nice delicate sauce with a bit of tang to go with any nice white fish fillets. Very quick to do and healthy too.
- 1 kg fish fillet, of your choice
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar (shaved)
- 1⁄2 cup tamarind juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped ginger
- oil (for frying)
- finely sliced red chile, and green onions for decoration
- Fry the garlic in a little oil till softened.
- Add the teriyaki, sugar, fish sauce, tamarind liquid and ginger and boil for a few minutes until slightly thickened.
- Steam the fish fillets for about 12 mins, or until cooked.
- Drizzle the sauce over the fish fillets and garnish with chili and green onion.
- Nice served with steamed rice and a Chinese green vegetable.
Mmmmmm, this was so good! I loved the sauce! I used tilapia. Thank you Latchy!