Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by a coworker Becky. So first of all I want to thank her. It is a special Mac and Cheese that she gave to everyone in our department and I have never tasted anything like this before.
- 1 lb cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 lb colby cheese
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut in chunks
- 1 tablespoon whiter pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup shredded American cheese or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- Put pasta in 9 by 13 dish and set aside.
- Mix milks and eggs well.
- Add the butter and colby, Montery jack, sharp cheddar and velveeta cheeses to the pasta.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the pasta.
- Season with salt , pepper, sugar and toss.
- Sprinkle with remaining cups of American or Cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or untill top is lightly browned.
FYI This is not a review, as I will be trying this recipe for a tailgate party next Saturday, but a heads up. In the video from DDD Sweetie Pie used 2 tbsp. of SOUR CREAM as well in the recipe & that ingredient has been omitted from some of the websites that posted her recipe. Sour cream definitely adds that certain something to a lot of things so its a step I wouldn't leave out, especially if you want to make her signature dish.
A really terrific pot luck dish, although I recommend a 15 x 10 pan, rather than the 13 x 9 stated in the recipe.
made the mistake of following another review where they suggested no evap milk and cut back on the cheese .......let me tell you ....Follow the recipe as written ....its a 5 star as written or a 2 star with the modifications