Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
An old one from BH&G. I've, also, made by interchanging the butterscotch chips with white chocolate chips.
- 1 single-crust pie pastry
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate pieces or 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup pecan halves
- sweetened condensed milk (1 1/4 cups)
- Prepare pastry for a single-crust pie and line with it a 9-inch pie plate as directed by package instructions. Place over the uncooked pastry a double thickness of foil. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. Remove foil. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and melted butter; toss to mix well. Spread cracker mixture evenly over bottom of the partially baked pastry crust.
- Over cracker mixture, evenly layer: finely chopped pecans, 1 cup of the chocolate pieces, the coconut, butterscotch pieces, the remaining 1/2 of the chocolate pieces and pecan halves. Gently pour condensed milk over entire pie.
- Bake in the 375 degree oven about 30 minutes or until condensed milk turns golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.