3 hrs 10 mins
Source: Food Network ***Note: 2 hour chill time included in "cook" time.***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam or 1 cup cherry jam
- 72 whole dark cherries in syrup, pitted and drained
- 1Preparing the DOUGH:.
- 2Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- 3Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color.
- 4Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- 5Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- 6Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 7Making the TARTS:.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 9Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with confectioner's sugar and roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- 10Move dough frequently to prevent it from sticking and add more confectioner's sugar to the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- 11Using a round cookie cutter the same diameter as the top of the mini-muffin tin cups (about 2 inches), cut 72 rounds of dough.
- 12Gently press a dough round into each muffin cup and press evenly into the sides and bottom of the cup.
- 13Continue with remaining dough rounds.
- 14Bake until set and edges are light golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- 15Let cool in the pan completely before removing with a small offset spatula.
- 16Heat the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- 17Add the cherries and stir gently to coat completely.
- 18With a small teaspoon, transfer a cherry into each tart shell and drizzle with a little more warm jam.
- 19Allow to cool and set.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweetheart Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 65.8
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.7 mg
- Sodium 14.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cherries in syrup