Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Source: Food Network ***Note: 2 hour chill time included in "cook" time.***
Make and share this Sweetheart Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon milk
- powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam or 1 cup cherry jam
- 72 whole dark cherries in syrup, pitted and drained
- Preparing the DOUGH:.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer and beat until light in color.
- Add egg and milk and beat to combine.
- Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half, wrap in waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Making the TARTS:.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with confectioner's sugar and roll out dough to 1/8-inch thick.
- Move dough frequently to prevent it from sticking and add more confectioner's sugar to the work surface and rolling pin as needed.
- Using a round cookie cutter the same diameter as the top of the mini-muffin tin cups (about 2 inches), cut 72 rounds of dough.
- Gently press a dough round into each muffin cup and press evenly into the sides and bottom of the cup.
- Continue with remaining dough rounds.
- Bake until set and edges are light golden, about 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan completely before removing with a small offset spatula.
- Heat the jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Add the cherries and stir gently to coat completely.
- With a small teaspoon, transfer a cherry into each tart shell and drizzle with a little more warm jam.
- Allow to cool and set.